Experienced Northern Virginia Business, Litigation, Family and Criminal Defense Attorneys
Expertly advising clients since 1998
The improving economic climate, combined with evolving business needs and changing family structures, requires experienced counsel and innovative legal solutions. At Culin, Sharp, Autry & Day, PLC (CSA&D), our team works with you to provide practical, out-of-the-box solutions for business and results for people. For example, family law and business transactions are often intertwined, while business restructuring is often driven by present or potential domestic relations disputes. Our attorneys’ diverse legal experience and proven track record of success give us the practical tools to resolve cases efficiently and effectively, in civil, business, criminal and family law matters ranging from simple to complex.
The experience and resources you need
Many legal disputes emerge as minor nuisances at first, but quickly escalate once seemingly well-intentioned solutions are attempted. These simple solutions will often cost you vast amounts of lost time and money. CSA&D attorneys actively work with you, helping you understand your available options, not just the simple solutions that will make things worse. Our goal is empowering you for informed decision-making throughout the course of a case and leaving you with the skills to act independently once our representation has ended. Our history of tackling even the most challenging matters, coupled with a commitment to providing comprehensive legal representation, sets us apart from other firms in the region.
Specifically, we offer:
- Unparalleled legal experience. Our highly experienced attorneys are recognized for their extensive transactional experience, trial experience and litigation abilities. These skills are deployed along with innovative legal strategies and creative problem-solving skills to serve the best interests of our clients.
- Collaboration and diplomacy. Our attorney team is adept at handling a wide variety of legal problems. Our dedication to teamwork allows us to harness our expertise across all areas of practice to provide reliable and favorable solutions.
- Superior credentials. Each partner in our practice is ranked AV® Preeminent™ or BV® Distinguished™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®. In addition, our attorneys are consistently recognized as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars by Super Lawyers. The designation “Super Lawyer” is awarded to only one in twenty lawyers in Virginia and DC.
Mark Sharp – BV Rated for Over 10 Years, Super Lawyer in Virginia and DC and Northern Virginia Magazine Top Lawyer
Jim Autry – AV Rated for Over 10 Years, Super Lawyer, Northern Virginia Magazine Top Lawyer, and Virginia Business Legal Elite
Julie Day – AV Rated for Over 10 Years, Super Lawyer in Virginia and DC, Super Lawyers’ Top 50 Women for DC and Virginia, Top 100 Lawyers in Virginia, Northern Virginia Magazine Top Lawyer, Virginia Business Legal Elite, and Washingtonian Magazine’s Top Lawyers
Jordan Jackson – Super Lawyers Rising Star
March 23, 2020
CSAD Provides Assistance to Businesses Impacted by COVID-19 Coronavirus
As a small business, we at CSAD are familiar with the issues and uncertainties facing business owners during the current crisis. We understand and can provide assistance in working through legal issues affecting business operations because of the coronavirus, including those such as commercial lease issues, payment deferrals, and commercial loan obligations and payments. Many businesses are faced with lease or loan obligations which cannot be serviced during the current medical and financial emergency. Our Business Law practice group, headed by attorney James Autry, can help.
March 17, 2020
CSAD Coronavirus Planning Announcement
CSAD is addressing the current coronavirus crisis while remaining able to provide full services to our clients and prospective clients. The firm has full capacity to operate in a virtual environment to service client needs through the use of remote access and telework technology. Although we have terminated office visits and face to face meetings, we remain available via telephone and video conferencing technologies and maintain a fully virtual file system. We hope that you and yours remain healthy and well through this crisis, and we remain at your service.
The cornerstone of our practice is the drive to provide personalized legal service tailored to meet specific client needs.
Providing client-focused counsel for a wide range of legal issues
Our firm provides legal advice and representation for a broad spectrum of issues. We routinely accept cases involving:
- Family law – Our family law practice serves the diverse needs of clients for legal services ranging from uncontested matters to complex, high net worth and elder divorce. In addition, we help clients resolve issues that often accompany divorce such as spousal support and child support and custody arrangements.
- Commercial litigation – Our commercial litigation attorneys assist individuals and business entities in navigating matters including contract disputes and corporate governance litigation.
- Business, retail leasing and commercial transactions – Business law is one of the most complex areas of practice and our attorneys have extensive experience in all subsets of the business law discipline, including business formation and dissolution, corporate governance, commercial leasing, commercial real estate, banking, retail tenant negotiations, and commercial landlord-tenant disputes.
- Business and commercial litigation – Our team of experienced trial lawyers handles complex business and commercial disputes, including construction contracts, contested business dissolutions, sales disputes, and employment contracts.
- Real estate – Real estate matters can include the acquisition and disposition of real estate with title defects, as well as disputes touching and concerning real property, such as HOA covenants, access easements and neighbor nuisance. CSA&D attorneys apply their depth of experience to the full range of real estate legal matters on behalf of our clients.
- Criminal defense – Our criminal defense practice includes a former prosecutor who works tirelessly on behalf of clients accused of criminal offenses The criminal defense practice group provides experienced litigation services in matters involving sex crimes, driving under the influence (DUI), drug crimes, violent crimes and domestic disputes, as well as white collar crimes such as embezzlement and fraud.
- Contested estate negotiation and litigation – The administration of trusts and distribution of a decedent’s estate can result in inter-family disagreements, including conflict over interpretation of the governing documents. CSA&D attorneys provide services in all areas touching and concerning the administration of estates, from advising estate administrators to serving the needs of survivors and beneficiaries of an estate, while keeping an eye on the effect that these actions may have on your family for generations to come.
CSA&D is committed to providing superlative service to businesses and consumers alike, while maintaining the highest ethical standards. Our team of lawyers prides itself in guiding clients toward positive resolution of their legal matters.
At CULIN, SHARP, AUTRY & DAY, PLC. (“CSA&D”) attorneys work together to provide practical and multi-disciplined solutions for today’s business and family problems.
Our team of attorneys is comprised of licensed professionals with an array of experience and accolades in their respective fields.
Our attorneys’ varying and diverse personal and professional backgrounds allow them to achieve the comprehensive solution of legal issues for the benefit of business, business owners and their families.
Trust our team of highly-rated Northern Virignia attorneys to satisfy your legal needs
With offices in Fairfax and Warrenton, Culin, Sharp, Autry & Day, P.L.C. serves the needs of clients in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area and throughout Northern Virginia and the Piedmont region. To schedule a consultation, call us at 703-934-2940 or contact us online.